- City Services
- Apply Online
How to Apply Online
All City of Jacksonville job vacancies require you to complete an online application in order to be considered for the position. You may copy and paste your resume and cover letter to accompany your application. You can also use the Attach a Document feature to add your resume, cover letter, or copies of certifications to your application. However, resumes cannot be substituted for the online application.
If you have questions, please email Human Resources. If you need assistance in completing an online application, you may visit Jacksonville City Hall at 815 New Bridge Street, and utilize the workstation available in the Human Resources Department. City Hall hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding city holidays.
Completing an Online Application
- Visit the Current Employment Opportunities page.
- All current openings will be listed on the Job Opportunities page.
- If you have previously created a user name and password, you can select Sign In to go to your Applicant Profile page.
- To view details of a job, click on the blue link under the Job Title column for that particular job.
- To apply for the position you are viewing, select the green Apply button.
- First time users will select Apply and have to create an account by clicking on the blue link Create an account. You will then create your unique user ID and password. Be sure to remember your user name and password to log in for future sessions. Please be sure to provide a valid email address. Regular correspondence regarding this position will be provided primarily via email.
- If you do not have an email address, Email Addresses website provides a list of free web-based email services. This is not a City of Jacksonville site, nor does the City of Jacksonville endorse or warranty that these services will meet your needs.
- After this is completed you will be directed to your Applicant Profile page and can continue onto complete your application by selecting Apply.
- Select the appropriate radio button on the Applicant Pre-fill page and press Continue.
- Be sure you have your work history and education information with you.
- Complete the Personal Information section. Items marked with a red * are required fields. Use the tab key to move from one blank space to another.
- Complete the Additional Information section. Be sure to click on the Save Now button often to make sure you do not lose any of your work.
- Complete the Education section.
- Complete the Skill / Certifications section. Be sure to include all relevant certifications. Give a detailed listing of the applicable skills you possess.
- Complete the Work History section, beginning with your most recent position. Give as much detail as space will allow. Remember, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete the References section. Phone numbers for references are required so be sure to have those on hand.
- You may cut and paste your cover letter and resume in the space provided. Please follow the directions on the application to accomplish this. You may also use the Attach a Document feature to add these documents to your application. The Attach a Document feature allows you to retain the formatting in your document.
- Make sure that you read the Acknowledgment carefully.
- Enter your name at Signature of Applicant.
- Press Submit.
- Answer the questions on the Application Summary.
- Press Continue.
- Completion of the Self Identification Information is strictly voluntary. If you do not wish to complete these questions, press the I prefer not to answer radio button in each section.
- Press Submit.
- Be sure to update your applicant profile information by visiting the My Account tab on your Applicant Profile page.
- Be sure to log out when closing your Applicant Profile page.