Data & Map Prices
GIS Maps & Data
Jacksonville's GIS Division is organized under the City's Information Technology Services (ITS) Department and provides Geographical Information support to all departments and divisions within the structure of the City of Jacksonville.
The Public may also access services, mostly free of charge, incurring fee for select services such as data conversion or duplication on other storage formats.
The online mapping program, available for public use, allows users to interactively browse a digital map and get detailed information about locations within the City of Jacksonville.
GIS Mapping Layers
Online GIS Mapping layers is an online service available free of charge to the public as long as no data conversion is necessary. Individuals requesting transfers to alternate formatting such as disc or USB drive must provide the compatible storage device or pay a fee to the City for materials.
Frequently requested layers on GIS include:
- Color orthophotography
- Parcel boundaries
- Zoning districts
- Voting districts
- City limit
- Extraterritorial jurisdiction boundary
- Water, sewer, and drainage lines
- Census tract boundaries
- Street centerlines
- Park and recreation areas
- Point locations of community facilities coded by type and including facility name (schools, hospitals, etc.)
- Date of request
- Name of requestor
- Department and / or division
- Phone Number
- Requested due date
- Requested priority: High, medium, low
- Need for request
- Brief description of request: (include size of map or scale, type of information needed on the map - such as north arrow, street names, City limits, ETJ, waterways, parcels, etc.)
Once the request has been received by the GIS Coordinator, it will be reviewed, assigned a priority, and a due date. This information will be passed on to the requestor. The requestor may be asked for more information from the GIS coordinator in order to provide you with the best possible quality of map.
Requests for maps or data that does not already exist will need to be paid for in advance. The fee for these GIS services is $30 per hour.
For more information about requesting GIS services, please call City ITS Department at 910 938-5297.