National Night Out
August 2, 2022, 5-9PM
Jacksonville's National Night Out is back at Riverwalk Park for 2022. We are excited to be hosting this popular event with local vendors, community partners and sponsors and return to our traditional venue. National Night Out events will be held on August 2, 2022. Event Map, Free Shuttle Service Map
Join us August 2 for the following family fun:
- Bicycle raffle for children and community vendor fair
- Food trucks
- Displays of public safety vehicles, plus games and activities with Public Safety professionals
- Live music
- Fireworks on the New River!
National Night Out
Together we promote Community & Public Safety Partnerships. National Night Out is America’s night out against crime and is usually held annually on the first Tuesday of August. The City of Jacksonville, along with community partners, hosts this exciting annual event to celebrate community and to promote crime prevention. More than 12,000 citizens attend each year. Your support helps make this annual event a success! Please consider our Community Sponsorship Opportunities
Jacksonville’s NNO is Free and Open to the Public. Jacksonville Transit will be providing shuttle service to and from the event starting at 4 PM August 2. See shuttle stops and route here. Jacksonville’s NNO event won a National award for the 2021 series of events Organizers are working to make this year’s event even better! Check out photos from previous Jacksonville’s NNO Events
Scheduled Events (subject to change)
- Bicycle Giveaway
- Backpacks with school supplies
- Food Vendors
- Public Safety Themed Vendors
- Children's Activities
- Live Music
- Fireworks display
- Running with the Law 10K, 5K and 1M (virtual or in person, see developing details below)
Running With The Law 5K, 10K & 1 Mile Race
July 30, 2022, 7:30AM
Thank you to all those who participated in the 2022 race event! Images and video highlight are on the @JacksonvillePublicSafety FB page.
Running with the Law is a sister event to Jacksonville’s National Night Out and is part of the Jacksonville Onslow Sports Commission Race series. The race includes 10K, 5K and 1 mile run options. The race event is held at the Jacksonville Commons Recreation Complex.
Running with the Law supports NC Special Olympics. Runners receive a finisher Medal and T-Shirt. Winners are announced for age categories. Winners receive an additional medal! This event is open to the public. Questions? Call 910 938-5312.
- 5K Early registration - $30, ends July 29 at Noon (+ $5 after July 29 deadline)
- 10K Early registration - $40, ends July 29 at Noon (+ $5 after July 29 deadline)
- 1M Run - $10 (Finisher Medal only)
- Race packet pick up will take place on Friday, July 29 from 9AM-6PM at the Commons Recreation Complex Administration office.
- Race Starts at 7:30AM
- Participants receive an event t-shirt & finisher medal once their time is uploaded at the registration website.
- Medals (various age groups, overall male, female)
- Proceeds benefit NC Special Olympics
Help Make These Events Great
Vendors - Vendors must apply for this event and meet eligibility requirements. Jacksonville’s National Night Out is an annual police-community partnership event with a goal to raise awareness on the following topics: Public Safety, Crime Prevention, Health, Education and Youth Programs. Therefore, it will be a mandatory requirement for all vendors (with the exception of food vendors) to indicate on the application how they will promote one of these topics. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 910 455-4000. Vendor application
Sponsorship - Our sponsors give back to the community in a big way! Thank you for your continued support. Community Sponsorship Opportunities
We hope you or your organization will consider being a sponsor for National Night Out in 2022. It’s a great way to give back to your community and make connections. To sponsor this event, please call 910 455-4000.