National Night Out
October 5, 2021, 6-8PM
After two cancellations due to severe weather and COVID-19 concerns, National Night Out events will be held on October 5, 2021. Three separate, smaller-scale events will be held at three locations in the City. All events will take place on Tuesday, October 5, 6-8PM.
- The popular bicycle raffle for children will be held at the Jacksonville Commons Recreation Complex, 100 Recreation Lane. We anticipate hosting vendors at this site.
- A drive-through display of Public Safety vehicles will take place at Catalyst Church, 1985 Gum Branch Road.
- Riverwalk Crossing Park, 421 Court Street, will host live music by Freeway, vendors and a fireworks display over the New River at dusk.
“We wanted to provide entertainment, fireworks and other planned activities while still keeping everyone safe by allowing social distancing at smaller scale events. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and patience about these changes” said Lt. Chris Funcke, Jacksonville’s NNO Chairman.
National Night Out
Together we promote Community & Public Safety Partnerships. National Night Out is America’s night out against crime and is usually held annually on the first Tuesday of August. The City of Jacksonville, along with community partners, hosts this exciting annual event to celebrate community and to promote crime prevention. More than 12,000 citizens attend each year. Your support helps make this annual event a success! Please consider our Community Sponsorship Opportunities
Jacksonville’s NNO is Free and Open to the Public. Jacksonville’s NNO event won a National award for the 2020 series of events Organizers are working to make this year’s event even better! Check out photos from previous Jacksonville’s NNO Events
Scheduled Events (subject to change)
- Bicycle Giveaway
- Backpacks with school supplies
- Food Vendors
- Public Safety Themed Vendors
- Children's Activities
- Live Music
- Fireworks display
- Running with the Law 10K, 5K and 1M (virtual or in person, see developing details below)
Running With The Law 10K & 5K Virtual Race
July 31, 2021, 7AM
The event held July 31, 2021 had a record 380 runners. More than $8,000 was raised for the NC Special Olympics Torch Run. Thank you to all those who came out to support and to those who participated.
Running with the Law is a sister event to Jacksonville’s National Night Out and is part of the Jacksonville Onslow Sports Commission Race series. The race event is held at the Jacksonville Commons Recreation Complex.
Running with the Law supports NC Special Olympics. Runners receive a finisher Medal and T-Shirt. Winners are announced for age categories. Winners receive an additional medal! This event is open to the public. Questions? Call 910 938-5312.
- 10K Early registration - $40, ends July 29 at Noon (+ $5 after July 29 deadline)
- 5K Early registration - $30, ends July 29 at Noon (+ $5 after July 29 deadline)
- 1M Run - $10 (Finisher Medal only)
- Race packet pick up will take place on Friday, July 30 from 9AM-6PM at the Commons Recreation Complex Administration office.
- Race Starts at 7:30AM
- Participants receive an event t-shirt & finisher medal once their time is uploaded at the registration website.
- Medals (various age groups, overall male, female)
- Proceeds benefit NC Special Olympics
Help Make These Events Great
Vendors - There will be limited vendor space this year. Vendors must apply for this event and meet eligibility requirements. Jacksonville’s National Night Out is an annual police-community partnership event with a goal to raise awareness on the following topics: Public Safety, Crime Prevention, Health, Education and Youth Programs. Therefore, it will be a mandatory requirement for all vendors (with the exception of food vendors) to indicate on the application how they will promote one of these topics. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 910 455-4000. Vendor application
Sponsorship - Our sponsors give back to the community in a big way! Thank you for your continued support. Community Sponsorship Opportunities
We hope you or your organization will consider being a sponsor for National Night Out in 2021. It’s a great way to give back to your community and make connections. To sponsor this event, please call NNO Sponsor Coordinator, Beth Purcell at 910 455-1772.