Trails & Greenways
NC Governor Stay-at-Home Order & Outdoor Exercise: As part of the Governor’s Executive Order, all playgrounds are closed at this time, but parks and trails are still available for use. When using our parks or trails, please continue to practice social distancing, good personal hygiene and refrain from gatherings of 10 or more. JacksonvilleNC.gov/Coronavirus
There are more than 17 miles of trails and greenways within the city limits of Jacksonville. Recreation and Parks works hard to keep these areas clear, clean, and safe for use.
Clean & Green Jacksonville
Enjoy and please do not litter. Pick up your pet’s poop and help keep the trails and greenways clean and green. Want to help more? Consider volunteering for the Adopt-A-Park or Trail program.
Please be kind and follow these rules while using our trails and greenways:
- No littering.
- Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Stay to the right.
- Bicyclists must yield to runners and both must yield to walkers.
- Pets must be on a leash not to exceed 6 feet and owners are responsible.
- Public use/or display of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Possession and/or use of drugs is prohibited.
- Possession and/or use of firearms, weapons, and fireworks is prohibited.
- So others may enjoy the trails, please do not disturb any of the plants.
- Amplified music and sound are prohibited without a permit.
- Hitting golf balls is prohibited.
- Safety warning: Stay off transmission towers and utility poles.
The Jacksonville-Onslow bicycle map (PDF) includes trails throughout the county!
Check out the North Carolina Rails to Trails.