Business - Beer & Wine Licenses

The City of Jacksonville will issue only beer & wine, taxi, and peddler permits. Per state law, all other privilege license taxes have been repealed.

Beer & Wine License Quick FAQs

  • Businesses must comply with the City Municipal Code.
  • A separate license is required for each individual business.
  • If you have a state license, you also need to obtain a City License in Jacksonville
  • License Specialists are available for assistance Mon - Fri, 8AM-5PM, 910 938-5248
  • The Beer & Wine License Form (see Application Forms below) is available online and at City Hall, 815 New Bridge Street

Do I Need a License?

Yes - If you intend to sell beer and wine in the City of Jacksonville, you need to obtain a License. Beer & Wine License forms are available online or at City Hall, 815 New Bridge Street, Jacksonville.

What is the cost & when do I need to renew?

Costs vary depending on the type of beer and wine license required. The current fee schedule is available online. Questions? Call 910 938-5248

A Beer & Wine License in the City of Jacksonville valid for one year. Renewal notices are mailed approximately 30 days prior to expiration. Beer and wine licenses are issued May 1 - April 30 annually. Please note that if you change location or close business you must immediately notify the City at 910 938-5248. Failure to do so within 30 days may result in the loss of your license.

Important information needed to complete the Beer & Wine License Form

  • Contact Information - Name, Phone Address, Business Owner Name, other
  • Name of Business (Register your business name with Onslow County Register of Deeds. Corporations must register with the Secretary of State’s Corporations Division. (Contact info on back)
  • Federal Employer ID# Owner SSN may also be required. Businesses with employees are required to have a Federal Employer Identification number (SS-4 form) along with a North Carolina withholding tax number from the NC Business License Information Office. (Contact info on back)
  • Planning & Zoning Approval Date
  • Tax ID # - Are you selling goods? You will need a Sales & Use Tax # (AS/RP1 form)
  • Business type & location- Street address of business and type of business details
  • Additional Information may be required

Penalties - It shall be unlawful for any person or his agent or servant to engage in or carry on a business in the City for which there is required a license, without first having paid the license tax and obtained the license. Opening of a place of business, or offering to sell, followed by a single sale or the doing of any act or thing in furtherance of the business shall be construed to be engaging in or carrying on such business; and each day that such person shall be construed to be a separate offense. A 5% late penalty is assessed after 30 days and increases an additional 5% for each additional month.

Application Forms & Additional Information:

Additional Resources


Onslow County

North Carolina