Sturgeon City is home to water quality and environmental restoration projects that helped bring back life to Wilson Bay and parts of the New River. For decades, Sturgeon City has hosted valuable environmental education programs such as field trips, summer camps, outreach programs and more.
With construction complete in June of 2019, the new state-of-the-art Sturgeon City Environmental Education Center allows for even more learning opportunities on-site that supplement the past and current efforts to restore Wilson Bay, the New River, and our coastal wetlands. The Center features approximately 11,000 square feet of programming space, helping to expand the educational programs offered.
Rent the Facility
Sturgeon City is perfect for your next event, located in downtown Jacksonville right along Wilson Bay. The Sturgeon City Environmental Education Center is available to rent and is capable of hosting meetings, events, parties and more.
- 11,400 square feet facility
- able to accommodate up to 450 people
- 45’x120’ room space
- 1700 square feet pre-function space
- well-equipped catering kitchen
- wifi access
- full audio/visual capabilities
- handicap accessible
- scenic waterfront park, boardwalk, kayak launch and walking trails
- close to MCCS Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River
- on the water by coastal towns and beaches
Please call 910 750-5876 or visit SturgeonCity.org for more information.