Report a Crime
Did You Witness or Are You a Victim of a Crime? Report it.
This website is not monitored 24 hours a day. If you need immediate assistance or the suspect is still on scene, dial 9-1-1.
If it is not an emergency, but you would like an officer dispatched, please call 910-938-7585. Otherwise, call 910-455-4000 to make a report.
*Note: If the crime occurred outside of city limits, please call the Onslow County Sheriff's Office for assistance at 910-455-3113.
Click here to use our online city mapping to help determine city limits.
The relationship between police and community members is vital in helping prevent and solve crimes. Any information you provide could be the key to finding and apprehending individuals involved in criminal activities. Follow the following tips for reporting:
- Act fast- if you see a crime, suspect a crime, or witness a threatening situation call law enforcement so they can respond quickly.
- Provide as many details as possible:
- Your name (optional)
- Your location (optional)
- What crime is being committed
- Where the crime is occurring
- Who is involved
- What does the person or people look like?
- If a vehicle is involved, what does it look like (license plate number is most important).
- Avoid direct action as this may escalate the situation. Law enforcement professionals will be dispatched to assist.
For your convenience, we have crafted the following online reporting forms to be filled out in accordance with the crime listed.
Want to report a crime but remain anonymous? You can do so through Crime Stoppers, a partnership with area law enforcement officials to help solve local crimes. You never have to reveal your identity and Crime Stoppers pays cash rewards up to $2,500.
To report a crime anonymously:
Call 910-938-3273 (24 hour hotline) or text your tip, TIP4CSJAX + your tip to 274637.
Donate to Help Solve Crimes
Crime Stoppers operates almost entirely on private donations which are fully tax deductible. Your kind donation will be greatly appreciated and can make a positive difference in our community. Please address to:
Jacksonville/Onslow County Crime Stoppers
P.O. Drawer 436
Jacksonville, NC 28541-0436