What to Do

What To Do If You Know a Victim of Abuse

If you know someone who is a victim of domestic violence, tell them about the nearest available services and offer assistance when possible. Available services include local hot lines, shelters, rape crisis centers, and women centers.

For information, contact the Department of Social Services or the Jacksonville Police Victim / Witness coordinator at 910 455-1472.

For additional information about spousal abuse or family violence, please contact the Crime Prevention Division by phone at 919 733-5522, by fax at 919 715-0227, or by mail at:

Crime Prevention Division
NC Dept. of Crime Control & Public Safety
P.O. Box 29591
Raleigh, NC 27626-0591

Questions? Need Help? Please call 910 455-4000.