Parks Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
Park Shelters operated by the Recreation and Parks Department are available for use when no conflicts arise with the Department's organized leagues or programs. Persons using any of these park shelters will be expected to follow the rules and regulations set forth by the Jacksonville Recreation and Parks Department. No refunds will be issued for picnic shelter reservations. In order to reschedule an available picnic shelter due to inclement weather one must call the Administrative Office within three working days of the original reservation. These rules include but are not limited to the following:
- All organizations, groups, and individuals will be responsible for any damages that occur while they are using the park shelter. All organizations, groups, and individuals will be responsible for clean up of the premises immediately following their use each day. Failure to abide by these rules will affect future use of recreation facilities.
- The use of city property to sell merchandise or to charge admission for an event is prohibited without the prior approval of the Recreation and Parks director.
- Keep the parks clean! Please use trash receptacles.
- Please extinguish all grill fires and coals.
- Pets must be on a leash not to exceed six feet, unless posted otherwise.
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to roadways and parking lots.
- Washing and repairs to motorized vehicles is prohibited.
- The public use and/or display of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- The possession and/or use of drugs are prohibited.
- Bounce houses or inflatables are not permitted on any City property.
- The possession and/or use of firearms, weapons, and fireworks are prohibited.
- Amplified music and sounds are prohibited without a permit from the Jacksonville Police Department. Refer to the Sound Ordinance.
- Organizations, groups, or individuals wishing to use these park shelters should contact the Recreation and Parks Department and request a park reservation. Reservations can be made no more than 12 months out from the current calendar date unless prior approval is received from the Recreation and Parks director.