Splash Pad Locations
Jack Amyette Park, 1825 South Drive
Northeast Creek Park, 911 Corbin St
Hours of Operation
Delayed opening due to COVID-19: Saturday, June 27, 2020 through Labor Day weekend
Monday - Saturday - 10AM - 7PM
Sunday 1- 6PM
We want to keep everyone safe and ask that all splash pad users, guests, and chaperones continue to follow CDC guidelines. The City has consulted with Onslow County Health officials about best practices and will have State guidelines posted at each site. Those guidelines do require reduced capacity. The maximum occupancy number will also be posted at each site. To allow for more to enjoy the splash pads, please consider limiting your time during visits. We ask that you follow the COVID-19 rules posted at the splash pads. Have fun, but take precautions, be considerate, and be safe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is a splash pad?
The splash pads are a water play area for the public with no standing water. Users activate the water by pressing a button at the center of the area and it continues for several minutes until it needs to be activated again.
- When are the splash pads open and how much do they cost?
The splash pads are open from 10AM to 7PM Monday through Saturday and 1 to 6PM on Sunday. The splash pads are free and open to the public.
- Where can I park?
The splash pads are located at the Jack Amyette Recreation Center, 1825 South Drive and Northeast Creek Park, 911 Corbin St. There is parking available at each location.
- What ages are allowed at the splash pads?
People of all ages are welcome to enjoy the splash pads. Children under the age of 10 must have adult supervision at all times.
- Are pets allowed?
No animals are allowed on the splash pads.
- Are the splash pads handicap accessible?
Yes, the splash pad is zero entry and zero depth. We offer water wheelchairs for check-out so that they can be used at both of our splash pad locations. Call 910 938-5312 for more information.
- Can I rent the splash pads for my day care/party/event/etc.?
The splash pads are open to the public and therefore we are not renting them out for private use. Rentals are accepted for the Jack Amyette Recreation Center and the Northeast Creek Park Shelter #2 during certain hours.
- What is your weather policy?
In the case of inclement weather, the splash pads will be closed. If there is thunder or lightning, all users must vacate the splash pads for at least 30 minutes until the weather is clear. You are using these facilities at your own risk.
- What is the max capacity?
As safety allows.
- Can childcare facilities use this as a field trip?
- Splash pads are open to the public and anyone is welcome to use them. Large groups need to be aware of other patrons and make accommodations for all users of the parks. A suggestion would be to visit the splash pads during less crowded times, such as Monday through Friday 10AM to 2PM, for example.
- Can I bring a chair and umbrella if we plan to be there for a while?