- City Services
- Permitting, Planning & Zoning
- ETJ Reduction
ETJ Reduction 2020
The City of Jacksonville has initiated an amendment to the City’s Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) boundary. The amendment would remove 337 parcels from five areas around the City. The majority of the parcels within the ETJ reduction areas are single family residential dwellings and approximately one half of all parcels are undeveloped.
Maps of the ETJ Reduction area can be viewed here.
Number of Parcels
Gum Branch Road
- Summer of 2019 City staff began to analyze additional ETJ reduction areas throughout Jacksonville
- On October 22, 2019 and November 6, 2019 City discussed pursuing additional reduction of the ETJ.
- On January 13, 2020, the Planning Advisory Board will make a recommendation on the request.
- Public Hearing Time Change: On April 21, 2020, City Council will conduct a public hearing to consider this ETJ reduction on April 21, 2020 at 5PM (see notice of previously promoted time change). The public hearing will be held in the Jacksonville City Hall located at 815 New Bridge Street. Because of the COVID-19, the number of persons entering the meeting room will be limited, and a procedure will be provided for public participation.
If you have comments and are uncomfortable coming out on April 21, you can email them to the City Clerk at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be submitted no later than 5 pm on April 20, 2020.