The Sanitation Division strives to perform the collection responsibilities for the City in a timely and efficient manner, and offers a variety of collection services.
Sanitation issues residential customers and small businesses containers for their refuse and recycling collection. If you are a new resident and have not received a trash or recycling container, or if you need a replacement container, please call the Sanitation Division at 910 938-5338.
The Sanitation Division offers a variety of services to include the following:
- Bulk item collection (furniture, construction material, etc.; call to schedule pickup)
- Electronics collection (call to schedule pickup)
- Appliance collection (call to schedule pickup)
- Dial-A-Truck Program (call to reserve truck)
- Used motor oil/cooking oil (call to schedule pickup)
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste collection
- Commercial Front End Collection
Holiday Collection Schedule Changes
Changes in the collection service schedule may occur during holidays. The City’s Sanitation Holiday Calendar reflects only days that there is a change or interruption in service.
To receive alerts about changes to the Regular Sanitation Collection Schedule, sign up with Jacksonville Connect.
The next Holiday Collection Schedule:
In an effort to beat the heat, starting in June, Sanitation crews begin collection operations at 6:30AM. This allows employees to adjust to the summer heat and work more efficiently. Items normally placed out at the curb by 7:30AM should be placed ready for collection by 6AM throughout the summer months.
Please note that the state of North Carolina has banned specific items from the landfill. A full list of these items is available on the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR) website.